3/21/08

Nauvoo Trip: Day 1

Highlights: Getting to fly!! (picture of Kendra in the airplane). Also, we HIGHLY recommend booking the emergency exit aisle as we had at least 3 times the legroom of everybody else on the plane.


After landing in St. Louis, we got our "Black" family rental car:

Less than an hour after landing in St. Louis, we had made it to the Temple, which is just off the Freeway - very cool!!

Below is the picture that the very nice Temple grounds worker took of Kendra and I in front of the temple. (yes, we were also surprised that we are not in the picture).




Also, we were the VERY FIRST people in the history of the Church to get to try out the new Nature Trail on the Temple grounds!!


This morning, we're up early & off to see Nauvoo. More pictures to come.

4 comments:

andreamatrix said...

SO... who always checks your blog? Who leaves posts? And WHO did NOT get a phone call? But Jana did? Hmmm... I wonder. Hmmm... I also wonder...

Looks like fun. I am playing with my new nikon d60 camera today. My newest obsession!

andreamatrix said...

Still cracking up that you are not in the picture... Should have flown me out.

Becky said...

I'll bet it took a lot of maneuvering to get that picture of the temple with you two in the way. I'll bet the grounds worker gets tired of people asking him to take pictures of the temple and then the people stand in the way of a nice shot. Hope you guys are having fun. Have you calle the twins every day? I hope Jared's mom and Dad are doing okay - Mom and Dad are more worried about them than the twins.

Carrie Stevenson said...

I'm glad to hear you flew! I thought you guys were on drugs or something to drive with your nuggets across country!

Countries We've Been To

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited countries map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited countries mapFlash charts

States We've Been To

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapFlex charts